Friday, September 28, 2012

Designer's Challenge for Imaginisce

Happy Friday crafty peeps!!!

It's a fun filled couple of weeks over at Imaginisce!  The designers were challenged to create a project using a special recipe... 
  • Must create a shaped project, no circles or rectangles
  • Must include a smidge of orange
  • Must include three patterned papers


I was so inspired by this challenge, I just love shaped cards!  I found this cute design in the Silhouette store and knew I wanted to make some of these little bird cards!
 

There are a few friends of mine who are expecting right now so I thought how cute it would be to create a baby card!  I started with the Makin' Waves collection and used the blue chevron pattern paper as my base.  I added a smidge of orange in the wing and my favorite silver tear shaped gems for accent.  A bit of baker's twine for hair was my finishing touch. 
 
After I created him, I figured he needed a friend so I created the pink girl themed card next.  : )

I used a bit of pink baker's twine with her wing.
 
I thought these also work nicely for the holidays, so I created a few more using our Christmas Cheer collection.  A bit of orange is layered into their wings.   


Blue and Pink Bird Ingredients:  Makin' Waves papers, i-rock, Glam Rocks in Black, Silver Tears, Hearts and Hot Rocks Compact - Rhinestuds and Glitter by Imaginisce, Twine by The Twinery, White and Black Cardstock by AC and Silhouette.  Cutting file is Samantha Walker. 
 
Christmas Bird Ingredients:  Christmas Cheer and Makin' Waves collections, i-rock, Glam Rocks in Red, Hot Rocks Compact - Glitter, Rhinestuds and Crystals by Imaginisce, Snowflake and Frond punches by Martha Stewart, Silhouette, Martha Stewart Twine, White and Black Cardstock by AC and Silhouette.  Cutting file is Samantha Walker.
 
Thanks so much for stopping on over!  Be sure to visit the Imaginisce blog for all kinds of amazing inspiration from the other designers!!!

~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Grat cards and these would be perfect on a gift bag..
They are adorable.