Thursday, September 27, 2012

Child's Play!


Happy Thursday to you!
 
I'm up today over on the Moxxie blog!  I have a page to share with you today that I created using their fabulous Child's Play collection.  I incorporated a bit of negative space with this and thought the outcome was fun.
 
 
The photos here were my jumping point for inspiration.  Our little guy is such a ham, he was pretending to be Mommy with his long "hair" pants on his head.  All the while saying... Mommy has hair, Daddy has no hair...  I have hair and Brover has hair...  but Daddy has NO hair.  he he he!  

I loved that I had a series of shots that I could crop and mat into a sequence.  When I pulled the Child's Play collection out, the whimsical patterns and bright colors were perfect.  I loved the really exaggerated zig zag pattern so I used it for my photo mat.
 
 
I have a starburst punch around the page (Martha Stewart) which I used on my red square paper to punch my negative spaces.  Behind it I added the kites.  I then layered my clouds (MFT dies and Fiskars punch) into the design and used a few pop dots for interest.
 
For this project I really wanted to challenge myself to create some negative space and I was surprised how easy it really was.  I used quite a few of the stickers on this page, layering them and at the top border.  
 
Have a super scrappity day!  Be sure to stop on over to the Moxxie Blog and say hello!!!
~ Rhonda

No comments: