Monday, November 18, 2013

Stepping Toward Christmas with Cheery Lynn Designs

Monday greetings to you!  It's my day to host the blog over at Cheery Lynn Designs today.

I've got a step card to share with you today with a bit of an unconventional holiday color scheme.  This card was created with our Step Card and Snowflakes dies and several of our newer release dies as well.


The Step Card die made quick work of creating the base for my card. I honestly just love this die!  Once I had my base and layers created, I inked and then stitched them down for a little added interest and texture.


I chose the Shuttered Window with Flower Box and decided to layer the Birch Tree die behind it.  I did cut the tree twice, then angled the top branches off to the side for this effect.  I modified my Bird a bit by cutting the back wing and angling it a bit, then I inked and added a coat of Glossy Accents.

Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:

Other Products used:
Woodland Winter Pattern Paper - BoBunny
Silver and Gold Pattern Paper - BoBunny
CardStock - Core'dinations 
Pearls - Kaisercraft
Bling - Want2Scrap
Goosebumps - Queen and Company
Weathered Wood and Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger
Rock Candy Stickles - Ranger
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Rub-On Sentiment - Pebbles
Other:  Ribbon, Thread, Sewing Machine

Please join us this week for our fun "Tag - You're It!' challenge! We love to see all of your beautiful projects -- and you could be the happy winner of a $20 gift certificate to the Cheery Lynn Designs store!

Thanks so much for stopping on over to visit today.  Have a super scrappity Monday!

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

My jaw hit the floor when I saw this amazing step card - gorgeous!