Saturday, June 29, 2013

Relaxing on a Saturday...

Happy Saturday to you! It's my day over on the Quick Quotes blog. I have a card to share featuring the very pretty Dusty Road collection.

I thought it would be fun to stamp and color for a change*, so I gave it a try.  I've not colored with my Copics in awhile so I decided to practice again, which is where this card came from. I had my Dusty Road papers in front of me and took great inspiration from the collections colors. 

*Disclaimer - I am a total novice with Copics.  No Copics or stamps were harmed during this process - pretty sure anyway.  : )

The fun thing with our 6x6 Paper Pads is they are so perfect for card making.  I love the variety of papers included, including the card stock.


I thought the tiny bow was too cute so I put it in her hair:

The colors in this line work wonderfully for so many projects, from feminine to masculine. I also love how a simple design can look intricate with just a few additions of a flourish or die cut. 

It was fun to break out of my comfort zone and try something different. That's what I love about this hobby, there's always something to spark your creativity!  I started out coloring this image with brunette hair, but switched to blonde because it reminded me of the friend that I am going to send this to. 

Quick Quotes Ingredients:
Dusty Road 6x6 Paper Pad - Quick Quotes
Dusty Road Stickers (Relax Sentiment) - Quick Quotes 
Coconut White PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Plum Crazy PowderPuff Chalking Ink

Other Ingredients:
Memory Box Dies: Hopmeadow Circle, Magic Flourish and Tiny Bow
My Favorite Things Dies: Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax, Lollipop Treats and Buttons
My Favorite Things Stamp: Heart Sing Jolinne
Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
Lilac Pearls - Want2Scrap
Copic Markers
White and Kraft Card Stock
Vagabond
Sewing Machine and Thread

Have a super scrappity day and weekend!
~ Rhonda

No comments: