Thursday, June 20, 2013

Batter Up!

Thursday Greetings crafty peeps!

It's my day on the Moxxie blog and for this project I decided to showcase the TeeBall collection. Today's post features multiple images, yet white space a a bit of fun with patterns.

I took a series of photographs of our boys playing ball in the backyard and decided to create a bit larger collage of them. These were printed scaled to 8x10, but when I cropped it the final size was 6x6.  This resulted in a nice size for balancing a page without feeling cramped.

Batter Up!

I matted my photo onto this very cool patterned paper:

See how it changed in appearance as I cropped it to a single block width?

I knew that I wanted some white space in my design, so I kept my accents and embellishments to a minimum. It's fun to play with the design strips sometimes to create your own look.  Here is the sheet of design strips.  Do you see the ones I selected?  Practice, practice, practice!  The baseball stitching thin strip, the red t-ball strip and the polka dot thin strip.


Once I had my bits and pieces arranged and positioned, I adhered everything and then added my coordinating stickers and rub-ons.  I loved the long border of baseballs that narrowed in size, so I added that to the top of my page.  


I added a few extra embellies from my stash like the baseball button:
My date tab uses a piece of paper from Midway Madness.  : )

I hope I've inspired you to get those photos on paper today!  Why not try a photo collage?  It makes a big impact and keeps the focus of your page to your subject. 

Ingredients:
TeeBall papers, rub-ons and stickers by Moxxie
Baseball Button by Buttons Galore
Baker's Twine by The Twinery
Flair by The Paper Bakery
Epiphany Crafts Star 25 Tool and Bubble Cap
Smash Date Stamp by K and Co.
Black Ink by Memento
Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink by Quick Quotes
Black Arrows by LittleB
Blue Adhesive Note by Smash

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity day!





No comments: