Friday, June 21, 2013

Mixing It Up!

Happy Friday to you!

I'm excited to share my project with you that I created for the ScrapTownLady Store! I decided to mix things up a little bit and create a masculine card, but using a totally feminine line.

So without further delay, here is my creation:


Once I selected the grey papers in the collection, I looked to the natural patterns and shapes for inspiration.  My boulder's or shrubs on the right are really hand cut roses, just crumpled up and inked.

Here are the papers I used:




The car is a cut file for the Silhouette.

The "grass" here is some pretty pleated ribbon from May Arts, and the blacktop road is a simple MFT die that I used, then ran it through again on the opposite side.  It gave me the look I was going for and then stitching it down the middle tidied it up.

There are several dies that I used here from the chicken wire to the clouds and sentiments and flourish.  I cut a negative space cloud from my base pattern paper and backed it with white card stock.

I added a little bit of character to my car by adding some button wheels, a tiny paperclip "vent" and a stickpin for the hood ornament.

ScrapTownLady Store Ingredients:
Satin Pleats Ribbon 5/8" Sage

Other Items:
Silhouette Cameo, Vagabond, Buttons, String, Glassine Bag, Card Stock, "Best Wishes" sentiment die by Cheery Lynn Designs.

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Make sure you stop on over to visit the ScrapTownLady Store for all of your crafting goodies.  You'll be amazed at the selection!

 Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Dawn Carlyle said...

This card is amazing - love what you did with the dies and creative use of the papers!