Saturday, July 7, 2012

Introducing... "Just Because"!

Happy Saturday crafty peeps!

Does it feel like Saturday to you with the holiday mid-week?  Over at Quick Quotes, we're really celebrating a bit with sneak peeks of our all new releases!!!  I'm have a page to share with you that I created using the new collection called "Just Because".

The collection is whimsical and has some of my all time favorite colors and patterns in it!  I really think you're going to be in love with it too! When I started looking through my photos it was around Father's Day and I came across this one of my hubby holding our boys when they were little.  The colors were such a wonderful match and I adore the expression that he has holding his boys!

Daddy's Boyz (12x12 page)

I started with my blue wavy background, matted with some brown cardstock, then added some circle die cuts.  The larger is a Spellbinders Grand Circle, the smaller is a Memory Box.  I inked my chipboard gear with Tahiti PowderPuff Chalk Ink, Mango Mai Tai and some Mocha Mama.

The tree is a die cut from white cardstock that I inked with Mocha Mama, Green with Envy and Mango Mai Tai to coordinate.  My photo was matted into a large lattice die cut.

I created my tag pocket with a Jillian Vance Designs for Spellbinders die and tucked in a Core'dinations tag.  That sunburst paper is so  fabulous, it's one of my favorites besides the blues!!!  My sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Vellum Quotes - Babies, Kids, Family.  I added a rub-on "Z" letter to the end of "BOY" so it would work for the page.

To anchor my design a banner strip was added.  The flash of dark orange is a cut piece of the sunburst paper, angled to piece into the strip.  The Magic Mesh tape was added for a bit of texture behind.  The chipboard stars are from the Just Jackson Glitter Diecuts.  My zig zag was cut using my Silhouette.

Ingredients:
Just Because papers, Quick Quotes
Itty Bitty Vellum Box - Babies, Kids, Family - Quick Quotes
Balloon 8x10 Chipboard (gear) - Quick Quotes
PowderPuff Chalk Inks:  Tahiti, Mocha Mama, Mango Mai Tai, Green with Envy
Glitter Diecuts - JK - Quick Quotes
Gem - Quick Quotes
Kraft Cardstock and Brown Cardstock, The Paper Company
Rub-On - Art Warehouse
Magic Mesh
Ribbon by May Arts
Tag by Core'Dinations
Silhouette SD for yelllow zigzag
Dies:  Spellbinders - Grand Circles, Banner, A Jillian Vance Designs for Spellbinders - {die}signer Pocket Die, Memory Box Cornerstone Seal, Cheery Lynn Designs - French Lattice Large, Princess Tree
Fiskars cloud punches, small and medium
Marvy Uchida small circle punch
Other:  Sewing machine and Thread

I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peek at our all new "Just Because" line! There is more to come from our other designer's so stay tuned to the Quick Quotes blog each day for more peeks!!!

You may have noticed my design included several die cuts and a few punched items!  This is not an accident...  have you seen our current Challenge?  We hope you'll play along and share your creations with us!!!

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity weekend!!!
- Rhonda

Reminder:  Help the Quick Quotes blog reach 1,300 blog followers!!!  We are giving away a free Private Reserve - Premier Scrapbooking Weekend tuition (worth $300) to someone on the blog when we hit 1,300 followers!!!


No comments: