Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fishing Stories


Friday greetings to you and yours!!!

This is such an exciting time of year in the craft industry, there are sneak peeks galore going on right now.  If you haven't had a chance to pop on over to the Moxxie blog and peek a bit, you definitely want to as they've been sharing their newest hot off the presses releases for CHA!!!
 
I have a fun Moxxie page to share with you today created with the newer "Fishing Stories" line.  Have you seen it yet?  The cool thing about this line is that it also coordinates with the "Happy Camper" line to give you the perfect combination of papers, sentiments and embellishments for your outdoor pages.
 
 
The pictures used here are of our oldest on his first fishing excursion.  He had fun, but unfortunately did not catch a fish.  "The One That Got Away" is the perfect sentiment for the page. 
 
Here is a detail shot of my collage cluster.  I included the coordinating die cuts, a bit of fish net and a strip of kraft tickets that I folded in a ribbon fashion for texture.  The extra little clothespin was a last minute addition that just seemed to work so I left it!

 
A bit of cheesecloth string was used to tie onto my lure die cut.  I also added diamond stickles to my hanging lures to give them a bit of life.  Isn't this collection so much fun?!!!  I love it!
 
Thanks so much for stopping on over to visit!  Have a super scrappity day!!!
~ Rhonda

4 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome page Rhonda! I love the collage cluster. Thanks for the inspiration!

Beth Hallgren said...

Awww, darn fish! Love that paper, I have a fishing enthusiast too. The dangling lures are just too cute!

Jodi said...

This is soooo super cute!!! loooove the fun textures in your cluster!!!

Jan Garber said...

Too cool! Love the netting and the lures, too!