Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Throwing Tradition to the Wind!

Happy Wednesday greetings friends! 

Today at Imaginsce we are throwing tradition to the wind!  Some of the designers were challenged to create a non-traditional shaped card.  Well, you know how much I love a good challenge don't you?!!!  What a fun challenge!

I reached immediately for my Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine and the Imaginisce "Geek is Chic" collection and created this:
I love the vibrant colors in this collection, they just make you smile!  I created the apple stem using my Nested Apple die a second time on some scraps that I had.  This was super quick, cute and easy, all of my favorite things at once! 

Want to see our new colored foam tape in action?  I used it on here under the wire wrapped heart that I punched out.
I know I don't have to tell you how much I am in love with our foam tape... but I AM!!!

Ingredients:
- Geek is Chic "Study Buddies" Canvas Ruler Sticker, Imaginisce
- Geek is Chic "I Love Nerds" Chipboard Stickers, Imaginisce
- Foam Tape in Red, Imaginisce
- Shapeabilities - Nested Apples, Spellbinders
- Grand Calibur, Spellbinders
- Ranger Distress Ink, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters
- Marvy Uchida Heart Punch, small
- Rose leaf punch, Martha Stewart
- Florist wire
- Rafia
 
Thanks so much for taking a whirl with me today on the non-traditional side of things!  Please be sure to stop on over to the Imaginisce blog for more inspiration from my uber talented friends on the Design Team!!!
 
Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

4 comments:

Emily D. said...

Very cute card! I've always loved non-traditional shaped cards, so this one is definitely in my faves!!

Jodi said...

sooo darn cute!!!! LOVE it!!!
you are such an enabler! now i need to check out the foam tape!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Card. The elements are PERFECT!!!

Liz said...

Lol That looks fabby dabby