Sunday, October 16, 2011

Celebrating Fall!

Greetings! 

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful fall weather wherever you are!  We have been blessed with absolutely beautiful fall days lately.  I'm so excited to share a few of those photos with you on my project today!

I don’t know about you, but I just absolutely love fall, it's my favorite season of the year.  If you’re like me, you are going to totally adore the new October Club Q kits from Quick Quotes!  I’m excited to show you my Club Q re-do for the October Club Q – Altered kit!   First, here's a peek at the yummy Quick Quotes October kits!:

Page Kits:
Altered Kit:

I always enjoy working on altered projects, so when I opened this kit up with these adorable canvases and the beautiful papers by Teresa Collins, well that was just a perfect match!  We recently took our kids to go choose their pumpkins at the pumpkin patch so I knew which photos I was going to use as well.
The design approach here was fairly clean and simple; I added a few of the kits pretty laser cut flourishes for a little extra fun. I loved the combination of Teresa’s super elegant flourish patterns with the hay and pumpkins. A little of the bling trim was just the perfect little touch to add.

I used Midnight Confessions and Mango Mai Tai  Powder Puff Chalking Inks for this project. First, I base coated my canvases with some light orange acrylic paint, and then misted it with some orange mist. I then used Mango Mai Tai for the edges of my canvases.

Tip – to attach glue to back of those little gems I used a toothpick to control the amount of glue applied.

Non-Kit items used:
- Black Cardstock
- Orange Maya Mist
- Beacon’s 3 in 1 Glue

Happy fall and pumpkin picking to you and yours!
~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Emily D. said...

Beautiful layouts!!!

Jan Garber said...

What gorgeous layouts! I saw the Teresa Collins collection this morning at Moxie fab and those papers are beautiful! Who thought Fall/Halloween could be elegant? Love your project!