Monday, October 24, 2011

Take these Moments to Breathe...

Happy Monday to you!  I'm so super excited to share a special project with you today!!!  Quick Quotes and Petaloo have teamed up and its going to be an amazing week as we share our projects! 

We were so very spoiled with this cross promotional partnership with Petaloo! I can’t even begin to say how totally beautiful these flowers are! When I looked at all of those gorgeous colors in the flowers, I wanted to challenge myself to combine them and our Quick Quotes lines.  Here's my project:
I took this photo recently when we were at the apple orchard and fell in love with it.  The quote "Take these moments to breathe in the beauty around you...." was absolutely perfect for this page!

For my project, I used bits of several of our beautiful lines to mix things up! You’ll find some gears layered under my flowers.  I added a bit of burlap because it just seems to work so beautifully with the Cherry Truffle line.
I thought it would be fun to bring out some more yellow, so I dry brushed some acrylic buttercream paint underneath my frosted flowers. To create a bit of a “sun” accent, I layered the larger flower into my big gear. 

I also layered one of the smaller frosted flowers with some Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets diecut and my Petaloo flowers.  Isn't that Petaloo Canterbury Vine Spray in Teal divine?!  It makes me swoon!

Here's one more detail image for you:
Ingredients:
- Quick Quotes Cherry Truffle Papers
- Quick Quotes Julie Je T'aime Papers
- Quick Quotes Damsel in Distress Papers
- Quick Quotes Itty Bitty Quotes
- Powder Puff Inks in: Marischino Cherry, Amaretto, Blue Hawaiian
- Quick Quotes Frosted Flourishes
- Quick Quotes Frosted Flowers
- Petaloo Flowers: Fabric Flowers in Peacock Blue, Canterbury Vine Spray - Teal, Canterbury Roses x 6 - Teal

Other Ingredients:
- Cardstock, Bazzill
- 3 Round 14 epoxies, 1 Round 14 Shape Studio Tool, Epiphany Crafts
- 1 Scallop 25 epoxy, 1 Scallop 25 Shape Studio Tool, Epiphany Crafts
- Quick Quotes Club Q September Kit (Black Scallop Border Trim and Ribbon)
- Border Punch by Martha Stewart
- Sugar Picks, Jillibean Soup
- Music Acetate, Hambly
- Flourish Bling, Zva Creative
- Sprightly Sprockets Spellbinders Dies by Donna Salazar
- Grand Calibur by Spellbinders
- Frond and Rose Leaf punches, Martha Stewart
- Burlap
- Acrylic Paint, Buttercream by Delta
- Sewing Machine and Thread

Thank you so much for stopping on over today!  Be sure you take a few moments to visit the Petaloo and Quick Quotes blogs today for even more fabulous inspiration!!!

Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

4 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful layout. Love those types of photos that provoke great memories of loved ones.

Liz said...

Splendid.. beautiful, gorgoues

**Treefrog** said...

Gorgeous layout Rhonda! Love the colors and you used some of my favorite paper (yellow gingham, I can't get enough of it, lol!) I love all your goodies on your layout too, wow! You rocked it, as usual, Rhonda!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Liz said...

All Great Companies I love Love love it all...
that simples stories makes me want to do something baby it's the most gorgeous line Ive seen in ages