Thursday, July 7, 2011

Did You Know?

Happy Thursday!  Did you know that Quick Quotes makes more than just vellum quotes?  It's true! Check out this amazingly beautiful line that I got to create with!!! 

It's called Julie Je T'aime and it was the absolute perfect match to a photo I received.

I created this project as a graduation gift for my cousin's daughter. When we received her graduation announcement, the photo was matted in these exact colors. I find this collection to be SO absolutely beautiful!  This project was framed and presented to her at the reception.

A detail photo for you.  I layered my Cricut cut flourishes with our Frosted Flourishes and also added in the flowers and vines.  The i-top coordinating brad that was used on the left flower, I added some Rock Candy stickles to it for some texture.

Techniques Used:
  • To compliment the fun and funky feel of the papers, I matted the photo in angles using a touch of coordinating solid cardstock, stitching the mats in black thread for interest.
  • Have you seen our Frosted Flourishes? They are stunning! I used two of them to frame the photo. To add more elegance and layers, I cut a few more flourishes from the papers using my Cricut and the Cricut Storybook Cartridge.
  • I created a sentiment frame using my Cricut Expression and the George & Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge.
  • For the flowers, I used the Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge and cut three sizes, inked and assembled. To give dimension to the flowers, I use a small wooden skewer to curl the floral petals.
  • Powder Puff Chalk Inks used: Mocha Mama, Tahiti, and Purple Passion
Tools Used:
Large Border Punch and Butterfly Punches, Martha Stewart
Floral Punch, Fiskars
Smaller Daisy Punch, EK Success
Cricut Expression
Cricut Storybook Cartridge
Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge
Cricut George & Basic Shapes Cartridge (Sentiment Frame cut at 9")
MFT Doily Die

Non QQ Items Used:

2 Kaisercraft Pearls, Yellow
2 Imaginisce 22mm i-top brads
Imaginisce i-Top
1 Purple Floral Brad
Cardstock, Bazzill
Ranger Rock Candy Stickles
Ranger Diamond Stickles
Vintage Crochet Lace
Sewing Machine
Thread

Thanks so much for popping on over to spend a moment with me!  If you haven't checked out Quick Quotes store yet, be sure to stop on over and peek at their beautiful products!!!

Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

No comments: