Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April Club Q with Quick Quotes

Happy Wednesday to you!  It's my day to host the blog over at Quick Quotes.

I have a page to share created with pieces from the April Club Q Kits along with a bit of mixed media and chipboard tossed in for fun. The kit has these really fun alphas and coordinating chipboard circle frames for them. They were so cute, I decided to use them in a whimsical way for my title work.

"The Sweet Life"

I started by using a bit of white gesso, then added a bit of modeling paste using some stencils. I used a splatter stencil and also a speckles. After that dried, I rubbed some Seabrook PowderPuff Chalk Ink across the top of the speckles.

After that, I used a variety of coordinating mists colors randomly, then misted with a bit of water to let them mix together. Then I dabbed them a bit and used my heat gun to dry the paper.

The sentiment cut aparts in the kit are so cute, they were perfect for my page!  The boys were enjoying some mini donuts at the circus and what a mess. That provided the inspiration for the mixed media here... the speckles are like the bits of sugar that were all over the place.


I assembled my title, then inked the frames with a touch of Seabrook also. The outer edge of my patterned base paper was inked with Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
April Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: SeabrookCoal Miner, Seafoam, Java and Midnight Confessions
Chipboard Laser Diecut - Garden

Other Products Used:
Stamps - BoBunny
Stencil - Tim Holtz Speckles
Stencil - Splatters (unknown)
Color Fragments by Stampendous
Mists: Lindy's
Cheesecloth
Tag Punch
Misc.: Coffee Insulator Corrugate, Washi Tape, Enamel Dots, White Gesso, Modeling Paste

Thanks so much for stopping on over today, have a super scrappity day!

No comments: