Monday, January 19, 2015

Masculine Valentine with Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Monday to you!  It's my day to host the blog over at Cheery Lynn Designs today and I am so excited to share my project with you.

I thought it would be fun to play along with our challenge theme for this week "Sweethearts - (Add a Heart)" and created a masculine themed valentine card.

"XO" (A2 Sized Card)

I started with the Dutch Daisy Boutique Stacker cut from white card stock, then used the A2 Frames Rectangular Scalloped cut from kraft card stock for my next layer. Then, I used the A2 Frames Rectangular Classic and cut it from white card stock to alternate my color scheme.


Using the rectangle cut, I then cut the pretty intricate Dutch Daisy Boutique Stacker by adhering the die to the center with some Washi Tape. You can see the result below.


For my center cluster, I cut one Celtic Heart from kraft card stock, then using a pencil, lightly outlined the shape on white card stock. I trimmed and backed the design with white card stock, then adhered with foam dimensional adhesive.

Next, the smaller of the Two of Hearts was cut from kraft card stock and adhered with dimensional adhesive as well. I thought it would be pretty to cut one of the delicate Arrows and tuck it into the top heart.

I added the ribbon and branches to the top, then finished by adding pearls to the corners and to the heart along with my XO sentiment. The sentiment was cut from a scrap and I trimmed it to fit.

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:
Dutch Daisy Boutique Stacker A2 Frame - DL293
Arrows (5 Dies) - B467
Celtic Heart - B144
Two of Hearts - DL128
Pine Branches - B146
A2 Frames Rectangular Classic (Set of 7) - CM5
A2 Frames Rectangular Scalloped (Set of 7) - CM6
XOXOXO - B375

I hope you are inspired to play along with us for our new challenge - Sweethearts! You could win a $20 gift certificate to our online store just for playing along!

Thanks so much for stopping on over - have a super scrappity day!

~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Love this car Dr! The kraft card stock combined with the amazing Cheery Lynn dies create a wonderful masculine card. I'm always challenged with masculine cards so I really appreciate your creativity.