Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Easter with Cheery Lynn Designs

Greetings and Happy Monday to you!  It's my day to host the blog over at Cheery Lynn Designs and share a project with a few of our new release dies.

My project today is a spring themed Happy Easter Card (A2 size).  This card is a tent fold which I cut from some patterned paper. To begin, I trimmed the card (11" long x 4.25" wide), then folded in half.


Once I had the base prepared, I used the striped pattern section on the left to feature the Dutch Daisy Border Set #1 and cut the design vertically about 1/2" in from the left. I then cut a liner (10.75" long x 4" wide) for the inside of the card from a pretty blue and adhered on the inside.


The Grass Border was cut a few times and I attached a simple line border to anchor the basket. The extra cut was cut apart to provide some basket filler for behind the Easter Bunny.

The Spring Basket was cut, then I traced the bottom portion of the basket to create my blue liner in the basket.

I cut two sentiments from contrasting colored papers and adhered them a bit offset to create a shadow. 


The Easter Bunny was cut from white cardstock, the edges inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and some papers added to the back of the egg for interest and a few gems to brighten up his eyes. I also added a bit of vellum behind his foot for interest.

To finish the card I added one of our Pretty Pretty Bows in a vibrant color.  

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:
Happy Easter - B529 (New Release)
Easter Bunny - B525 (New Release)
Dutch Daisy Border Set #1 - B521 (Set of 3) - (New Release)
Spring Basket 1 - DL214
Grass Border - B126
Pretty Pretty Bows - B422

Please join us this week for our all new challenge "Snowflakes". You could win a lovely prize just for playing along! We are also looking for some Designers - both Guest and Regular Design Team, so check out the post for more information.

Thank you for stopping on over today - have a super scrappity day!!!

No comments: