Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mini Album Inspiration with Pretty Little Studio

Happy Thursday crafty peeps!  I've got a fun Pretty Little Studio project to share with you today.

Do you like to create mini albums?  I always love to make them and sometimes I need a tiny bit of inspiration to get started.  Are you like that too?


The starting inspiration for my project today was a ticket shaped die.  If you don't have one of these, you could also easily use 4x6 sized pages with a 3.5 x 5.5 layer on them for a similar layered feel.
 
 
How to begin?  I take all of my coordinating packages and lay them all out in front of me.  I look at my base papers and colors and find elements that will be great to repeat in the album.  
 
You'll see that I used the Nature Trail Note Strips for my cover.  I also used the Picture Cards to echo the same style through the album.
 
I've used the top packing sheet of the 6x6 paper pack for my cover.
 
I've also used the Vintage Die Cuts and Paper Feather Die Cuts on a few pages as well. Repeating similar elements keeps the feel cohesive. Some sequins and a touch of bling helped finish the album cover nicely.

Small holes were punched and I tied some thin waxed string to bind the book and curled the ends.
 

 
 
 
Pretty Little Studio Products Used:
Nature Walk collection by Pretty Little Studio
6x6 Nature Walk Paper Pack by Pretty Little Studio
Vintage Die Cut:  Bailey the Bear, Finn the Fawn, Sandy the Squirrel by Pretty Little Studio
Nature Trail Note Strips by Pretty Little Studio
Mini Mushroom Picture Cards by Pretty Little Studio
Woodland Creature Polaroid Tabs by Pretty Little Studio
Forest Mushroom Tabs by Pretty Little Studio
Forest Vintage Labels by Pretty Little Studio
Bird Feather Stickers by Pretty Little Studio
Arrow Head Note Strips by Pretty Little Studio
Mushroom Stickers by Pretty Little Studio
Paper Feather Diecuts by Pretty Little Studio
 
Other Products Used:
Coved Rectangle Silver Classic die by Cheery Lynn Designs
Coved Rectangle Classic LG die by Cheery Lynn Designs
Kraft Cardstock by The Paper Company
Say Cheese die by Lawn Fawn
Sequins and Bling
Waxed String
 
Thanks so much for stopping on over to visit today!  Be sure to stop on over to Pretty Little Studio blog to see what the fabulous designers are up to. 
 
Remember, we would love to see your creations over on the Pretty Little Studio FaceBook Fan Page too!
 
Have a super scrappity day!!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is just the cutest little album Rhonda!