Saturday, July 6, 2013

July Place in Time with ScrapTownLady

Happy Saturday crafty friends!  (Moxxie Hoppers - the hop post is here.)

It's my day to post over at the ScrapTownLady blog and for today it's all about Place in Time for July.  All of you Graphic 45 fans know exactly what I'm talking about!

Place in Time is a beautiful collection created to allow you to make your own calendar project with beautiful touches of nostalgia and timeless elegance.  I am using the 12x12 paper stack and mixing in some 6x6 papers from the French Country collection.

Here's my July project:

I decided to use the decorative strips for my July title and the "B" side of the July calendar paper.  I took my scissors to the cut-aparts and just had a little fun with it.  Aren't these classic summer images amazing?  I just love them all!  You'll see a card from me using these scraps soon too.

This page features a variety of manufacturer dies from the store.

I used a beautiful chipboard flourish by Blue Fern Studios, painted with some cream acrylic paint and once dry, dabbed a bit of Weathered Wood Distress Ink on it. It made the flourish morph into the design so nicely. You can find a beautiful variety of Blue Fern Studios chipboard in the store here.

Layered up a few doilies for texture.

ScrapTownLady Ingredients:
Ornate Metal Keys by Graphic 45
Stamped Metal Brads by Graphic 45
Italian Flourish Doily by Cheery Lynn Designs
Dutch Scallop Square by Cheery Lynn Designs
Canadian Kaleidescope Mini Doily by Cheery Lynn Designs
Victorian Romance Flourish by Cheery Lynn Designs
Olive Branches by Cheery Lynn Designs
Chevron DieNamics by My Favorite Things
3x4 Note Book Paper by My Favorite Things
Stacking Stars by My Favorite Things
BluePrints 2 by My Favorite Things (July Header)
Tessatina Border by Memory Box Border
Bliss Pearls by KaiserCraft
Glossy Accents by Ranger

Other: Kraft Card Stock, Blue Core'dinations, Cream Acrylic Paint, Hole Punch, String, Thread, Buttons, Sewing Machine, Butterfly and Lady Kate Edger dies by CLD and Vagabond Die Cutting Machine.   

I hope you enjoyed my project!  I can't wait to bring you the August feature next month. Be sure to pick up your Place in Time paper pad and join us in the fun!  If you do, we would love to see your work on the ScrapTownLady Facebook Page!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a super scrappity weekend!!!
~ Rhonda

3 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! What a fun patriotic page! I love all the delicate die-cuts and punched pieces. The vintage images are fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karan Gerber said...

this is fabulous, love all the layers and details, the added bling in the corner, the buttons look fab, its just gorgeous Rhonda.

Unknown said...

great layout