Saturday, June 22, 2013

Life is a Journey

Happy Saturday to you!

I've got a project to share with you featuring Quick Quotes's Stowaway collection today.  I just love the soft pretty colors of the line and they were perfectly matched to some vacation photos of a Ferry Boat ride that I had.

"Life is a Journey"

To create this page, I started with selecting my photos that I wanted to feature and printed them as a collage. The collage is then stitched down to the mat. 

I selected a large piece of vellum from a prior Club Q kit which just so happened to be a bit larger than my matted photo, so I decided to layer it over the top of a variety of other pattern papers for a fun effect.  I chose three pages from my Stowaway 6x6 Paper Pad, trimmed them so they were smaller than the vellum and arranged them.

Next, I added the envelope and cheese cloth, and selected my coordinating chipboard and titlework.  I really wanted to keep this page soft and the focus to the photos, so I inked with Biscotti around the vellum and photo mat only.  Some stitching added that little bit of texture.




In finishing the page, it felt just a touch plain or linear to me, so I added a pop of blue with the die cut circles to simulate bubbles in the water on the boat ride. Next, I added the corrugated arrows to the top and placed just a few circles to add a splash of color and balance.

A few gems and enamel dots finish the page.

Quick Quotes Ingredients:
PowderPuff Chalk Ink - Biscotti and Blue Hawaiian
Prior Club Q Kit (October) - Vellum

Other:  Kraft Card Stock, Maya Road Envelope, Pearls by Want2Scrap, Flair by AC, Memory Box Circle Die, MFT Torn Paper Die, Cheesecloth, Enamel Dots by MME, Corrugated Arrows by JBS, Hemp, Sewing Machine and Thread

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity and fabulous weekend!!!
~ Rhonda


2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Adorable! Love the addition of the circles and the cc .. looks awesome here!

Unknown said...

Fabulous - love all the details!