Monday, May 20, 2013

Customizing Your Embellishments

Greetings crafty friends!  I'm up on the Moxxie blog today with a fun page featuring Moxxie's "Fish Stories/Happy Camper" collections.

Ever have an embellishment that you just love and want to use, but it doesn't quite work for your project the way it is?  I have that happen too. Here's an example from my project today that I absolutely loved and wanted to incorporate.

This super cute wooden frame:
My photo collage did not fit under it nicely, so I just cut it apart.

I thought it worked nicely as a dock or fence accent here.


I had some "Lure Me In" paper scraps left from my last project and I decided to cut the word "Fish" and the large fish out and layer them into the design.  To add interest I did cut each of the fins to add some texture.

The sweet little owl was cut from one of the Happy Camper Punch-Out die cuts.  I added Glossy Accents to his eyes and perched him with foam dots on a piece of the rope die cut from that same sheet.


The beige flourish die cuts were the last elements that I put in place. They really help your eye move through the title work and around the page.  

Ingredients Used:
Kraft Cardstock
Diamond Stickles and Glossy Accents- Ranger
Enamel Dots - Theresa Collins
Chesapeake Circle - Memory Box Die
Brown Bling - Want2Scrap
Mocha Mama PowderPuff Chalk Ink - Quick Quotes
Other:  Wood Alpha's, Sewing Machine and Thread

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!
~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok.. was this one of the Door Cty fish boils?? :) It is a really cute page.. perfect for your photos!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Yes! We went to the White Gull Inn in Fish Creek for it. Be sure to ask the locals for who does the best one when you get in town!