Thursday, September 13, 2012

September Club Q

Happy Thursday to you!  It's ScrapFest eve here in Minnesota.  lol!

I'm hosting the Quick Quotes blog today to share my creation using pieces of the September Club Q kit which features the newly released Cracklin' Rose line.

I was inspired by the square die cuts that are part of the kits.  This line has some gorgeous rich colors that I wanted to emphasize, so I chose black and white photos for my project.  Technically the Cracklin' Rose line is a holiday line, but I like to mix things up and decided to use it for an everyday page.

"Brothers by Chance, Friends by Choice" 12x12 layout

The accordion flowers and twine add a bit of texture:

I started by arranging my square die cuts, then finding the proper balance and location for the photos.  After I was happy with that, I added the fish tale accents under all of the photos.  The accordion flower accents and leaves were the finishing element.

Products Used: 
September Club Q Kit, Quick Quotes
Cracklin' Rose 100, Quick Quotes
Cracklin' Rose 500, Quick Quotes
Midnight Confessions and Biscotti PowderPuff Chalk Inks, Quick Quotes
Green Cardstock, Bazzill
Tim Holtz Accordion Flower Die and Vagabond, Sizzix
Rose Leaf and Frond punches, Martha Stewart

Thanks so much for stopping over today!  Have a super scrappity day!!!


p.s.  Be sure to stop on over to the Quick Quotes blog to say hello!  You definitely want to visit tomorrow...  I'm just sayin' . . . . . 

No comments: