Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gathering My Family Mini Album with Quick Quotes

Happy Tuesday crafty peeps!

Today is my turn to share with you my canvas project over at Quick Quotes.  Did you know that Quick Quotes store carries a wonderful variety of canvas in a variety of sizes?  It's really a fun and versatile medium to use for projects!

I started with two flat canvas panels in 5x7 size.  The edges were inked with Biscotti PowderPuff Chalk Ink.  The canvas is a perfect foundation to create a mini album in a convenient size, so I took the new "Just Because" line, Itty Bitty Vellum Quotes and some of my favorite pictures and this is my project.

To the cover, I added some die cuts, chipboard and Prima flowers.

The fence is white card stock inked with Biscotti and Mocha Mama.

This size canvas is perfect for 4x6 photos!

I added a journaling spot, Itty Bitty Vellum Quote attached with eyelets and die cuts.

Simple stitching is all that was added here.

A little kraft envelope accented with Tahiti to emphasize the design can hold journaling.

I loved this Itty Bitty Quote and used my Spellbinders to frame it.

A piece of scrap acetate overlay from a prior Club Q kit worked perfectly here!

The blue partial mat here is a scrap from my page 3 die cuts.  

This floral paper was a perfect fit for this Grandma photo!

Very simple page, the colors were so nice for this!

I thought the little die cut was a fun addition here.



In decorating the back cover, I really wanted to be sure it would lay flat and stand the test of time so I created a simple grid pattern to feature some of the various pattern papers in the line.  A bit of added stitching added just a little extra texture.

Designer's Notes:  

To attach paper to the canvas covers I used Beacon's 3-in-1 adhesive.  My fence was attached using my Xyron 5" Creative Station.

To conserve paper on my interior pages, I stitched only on photos and then adhered to my page, so it looks like it was stitched actually to the page.  This allowed me to use a single piece of paper on each interior page and make use of the double sided pattern papers.

This line is perfectly named...  "Just Because" you really can use it for any kind of project, it is incredibly versatile!  The soft buttercream, blues, green and still pinks and orange and brown are amazing.

I hope that I've inspired you to take a look at using Canvas as a foundation for your next album.  

Quick Quotes Ingredients:
Just Because papers
Itty Bitty Vellum Quotes - "Babies, Kids, Family"
PowderPuff Chalk Inks:  Tahiti, Biscotti, Mocha Mama, Limeade, Green with Envy 
Green Binder Rings and Acetate Transparency (Creative Imaginations) from prior Club Q Kits.

Other Ingredients:
Xyron 5" Creative Station
Kraft Envelope - Maya Road
Spellbinder Dies - Deckled Rectangle, Circles
MFT Dies - Fishtails, Hex, Flourish, Squiggley Line
CLD Dies - Fence
Martha Stewart Punches - Rose Leaf, Frond
Fiskars Punch by JBS - Tab
Flowers - Prima
Diamond Stickles - Ranger
Twine by The Twinery
Other:  Journaling Spot, Eyelets, Thread, Sewing Machine

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super rest of your week!!!

No comments: