Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Today we take time to pay tribute to that special Mom in our life!  We honor you and thank you for being so very special to us!  For those of us who celebrate the memories of our loved ones, my heartfelt wishes to you that the memories are warm and bring you comfort.

---------

Today I have some Quick Quotes card inspiration for you.

I've mixed our One Fine Day, Dreamscape and Miss Morgan collections.
I started by using the Labels Fourteen to cut my vellum sentiment and also the backing for it.  I created the shadow layer by tracing the outer part of the die with pencil, then cut it out with my scissors for the yellow layer.

The scallop border here is a strip of plain vellum that I die cut and inked with Purple Passion and Tahiti PowderPuff Chalk Inks.  I inked on the back side and allowed to dry.  I love how it softly coordinates, yet still has a little variation of tone.

To finish it off, I created a paper bow and added the bird.

Supplies List:
Dreamscape, Quick Quotes
One Fine Day, Quick Quotes
Miss Morgan, Quick Quotes
Sentiments Itty Bitty Box Vellum Quotes, Quick Quotes
Vellum (scrap strip), Quick Quotes
PowderPuff Chalk Inks, Quick Quotes:  Tahiti, Purple Passion
Cardstock, Bazzill
Bird Punch, Stampin Up
Antique Frame and Accents by Samantha Walker, Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles, Spellbinders
Labels Fourteen, Spellbinders
Grand Calibur, Spellbinders
Pinking Scissors, Fiskars
Vellum Spray Adhesive, Helmar
Other:  Sewing Machine, Thread

Have a beautiful day!!!

1 comment:

Bunny Vance said...

Beautiful!!! Love those yummy colors! And the bow is out of this world!
Love it!
Bunny & Jillian