Friday, July 15, 2011

Just for Fun!

Every once in awhile I like to dig into a challenge or project just for the fun of it.  I hope that you're the same way! 

I came across the current challenge for Little Yellow Bicycle and loved the fun sketch by Liz Qualman!  Check it out, what I loved..  multiple photos, but still lots of journaling space and room to play.  Perfect!  Plus, who doesn't totally dig that fun kite?!!! 
Here comes the dilemma...  I didn't have any of the lines, but I do have some Twig that has been calling my name for over a couple of months!  I also found some of their Laundry Line and what do you know, it just blended together wonderfully!

This is my interpretation of the sketch.
These are photos of our oldest when he was six months old.  I really thought that tag with "Nurture" on it was just perfect for this mix of photos.  I left additional pocket space behind the photo to tuck away more journaling or a story as well.
I used a couple of Epiphany Crafts Vintage Settings buttons on here in white, and also the round and flower button 20's.  I put a round 14 epoxy in the center of my blue flower for dimension.  Extra details include some stickles on the leaves and in the bird's wing.  I added Glossy Accents to the floral petals and the birds beak and wing.  Some Basic Grey Bling-It rub-ons make an appearance here from my stash.  The trim here is from Little Yellow Bicycle's "Laundry Line".

This was really a fun page to put together!  Thank you to Liz Qualman and to Little Yellow Bicycle for the inspiration!!!

Have a super scrappity weekend!!!
~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is really cute, Rhonda!! The Twig is perfect with your photos! I love the little details you added.