Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life Preservers + Sketch Inspirations = 1 Yummy Prize!


Did you know?  Life Preserver's Club is sponsoring Sketch Inspiration this week, how exciting!  As part of this collaborative effort, our Design Team was asked to create a layout using this weeks sketch. I had such a great time with it and I know that you will too!  Don't forget to play along, the prize is a super yummy gift certificate to the LP Store in the amount of a Mega Kit.  Now that is one awesome prize!!!

Here's the new Sunday sketch for this week:
I have been so excited to dig into my May Featured kit with all the beautiful Crate Papers and My Mind's Eye goodness and this was just the opportunity!  Here is what I did with the sketch. The smirky 5x7 photo is by Portrait Innovations. : )   "Member of the All Boy's Club"

I used a Jenni Bowlin diecut and traced the shape onto this paper, then hand stitched it. The photo is pop dot mounted to allow for some room for the ribbon and a journaling card. I stitched my ribbon by machine and scrunched it as I went. Since I used white thread, I decided to hide the stitch marks with the ric-rak.

I used my trusty Helmar zap dots in white and clear on the word "Member" so I could obtain a variety of depths. I also used my Helmar 450 on the flowers. Next, I dug out my lonely Dymo labeler and corner rounder (thanks to Laura-Lee and Jodi for the inspiration!). The sketch was a lot of fun and I just love how the colors in the kit worked so well with this photo!
Non kit items used:
- 2 Prima Flowers
- Thickers
- Mini Alphas by MLS
- Thread
- McGill folder punch
- Dymo Labeler
- Corner Chomper
- Ric-rak

I can't wait to see your take on this sketch!  As always, thank you so much for stopping on over!!! 

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the Sketch and what you did MARVELOUS..The picture matches the paper great hm hmmm I just did this lol I love all the embellies the flowers look masculine as well. To cute well done