Friday, July 29, 2016

July BoBunny Inspiration

Friday greetings crafty friends! I have a fun BoBunny project to share with you here on the blog today.

One of our more recent collections, Butterfly Kisses blends tremendously well with a previous collection called Soiree. I've used pieces from both in my art journal pages that I am sharing here.

Art Journal Pages featuring the Butterfly Kisses and Soiree Collections by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I prepared the foundation papers in the journal by using the Whimsy Stickable Stencil and some White Gesso, then misted using Gold, Sugar, Tutu and Mint Glimmer Sprays. I first selected the paper that I would be using for each page, then adjusted the coloring accordingly.

Once misted, I used a slightly damp paintbrush to move and blend those colors together to coordinate best with the pattern papers I selected.

Art Journal Pages featuring the Butterfly Kisses and Soiree Collections by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Recently in between paper crafting projects, I have started a bit of quilting. It began as a simple thing that I wanted to create a quilt for each of my sons. Once I completed them, I made a few more and thought it would be nice to capture this other art form in my art journal.

Above you will see how blending a few of the Pearlescents together made my Laser Cut Chipboard Tag coordinate perfectly! 


I backed the Butterfly Kisses Chipboard Frame here with some leftover patterned paper from my 2nd Round Design Team Submission project that you will see later in my video. I tucked in the photo collage and added a few other Chipboard embellishments.

Art Journal Pages featuring the Butterfly Kisses and Soiree Collections by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

For this page, my patterned paper has a stronger pink and peach tone, so I adjusted the amount of TuTu and Gold in my Glimmer Spray. I love how nicely the colors blend, but yet you still see the textures from the White Gesso and Whimsy Stickable Stencil.

Art Journal Pages featuring the Butterfly Kisses and Soiree Collections by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

A few of our pretty Dies are used to add soft and elegant accents.

Art Journal Pages featuring the Butterfly Kisses and Soiree Collections by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I loved this sentiment, it is so true from any type of crafting, if hands have touched it and created it with love, that is special. It is true of cooking, children's art work in school, cards and scrapbook pages to quilted, knitted, crocheted or other handmade projects.

All of these things are so worth the invested time to learn and very rewarding and heartwarming to me.

BoBunny Products Used:
Patterned Papers: / Butterfly Kisses, Flutter, Butterfly Kisses; / Allure, Boutique, Linens, Exquisite and Splendid / Soiree
Noteworthy: Butterfly Kisses and Soiree
Chipboard: 6x12 Chipboard / Butterfly Kisses
Brads: Soiree
Stickers: Combo Stickers / Soiree
Stamps: Postale
Dot Jewels: Double Dot Blue Hues
Glimmer Spray: Gold, Sugar, Tutu and Mint
Pearlescents: Blush, Island Mist and Coral
Stickable Stencil: Whimsy
Dies: Flourish, 3x4 Lattice Frame, Keeping Tabs, Ornate Doilies
Laser Cut Chipboard: Trellis Tags 
White Gesso
Ink: Licorice
Stamp Block Set

Thanks so much for stopping on over today and spending a moment with me here on the blog! What are your favorite homemade things?