Monday, July 27, 2015

Guest Designer for C'est Magnifique Kit Club

Monday greetings to you! I am honored today to be a Guest Designer over on the C'est Magnifique Kit Club blog featuring some card and tag projects created with the C'est Magnifiique August 2015 Card Kit.

"Garden Trellis" (3"x 6")

I used a 6x6 piece of solid card stock from my stash, then folded in half for my base. It coordinated so nicely with the Bohemian papers by Dovecraft that are in the kit. I actually used the cover sheet of the paper pad and cut out a part of it for my first layer behind the trellis on the left.


Those shaped buttons coordinate perfectly and added so much character to the card! This card is made to fit into the smallest envelopes (6 1/8" x 3 1/2") included in the kit. The next several projects were made specifically for these envelopes.

"Lovebirds Tag" (3.5" x 6")

I started this by die cutting a tag from a cereal box, then cut the base paper and covered the printed side of the cereal box so that the back that shows is just plain kraft. The edges are inked, then using some stamps and items from my stash, I stamped designs in black and added a bit more texture using a stencil and glitter paste.


I spent some down time cutting out the birds and florals and had such a good time layering and collaging them into a lovebird design.  A little bit of vellum from my stash and the stripes and grid paper designs from the paper stack were a lovely contrast to the florals here.

"Thank You" (3" x 6")

For this card, I wanted to use the striped glitter paper for the background. I thought it would be interesting to contrast with softer elements like a doily, cheesecloth and decorative corners. The sweet Mini Satin Bows and the coordinating Adhesive Gems and Pearls included in the kit make it a breeze to find that perfect extra touch! 

"Lovebird Envelope" (3 1/2" x 6 1/8") 

I used the coordinating stamps in the kit to decorate one of the envelopes. I used watercolor pencils to color in the design, then water to blend it. Drops of Glimmer Spray were used as well. I added touches of Stickles to the flowers in the design.

"Enjoy" (A2 Card)

This card was created to coordinate with the cream A2 envelopes in the kit. I used some cream card stock for my base, inked the edges with Antique Linen ink, then added my layers. I used the sentiment stamp from the coordinating stamps for my banner tag.


Be sure to check out the C'est Magnifique Store to get your very own August 2015 Card Kit today! Thank you for having me back again as a Guest Designer.  I'll be back again soon with some more projects from this beautiful kit!

1 comment:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

You have created gorgeous cards..love them all!
You have wonderful blog and you make beautiful things, I was missing something by not following you ...!