Monday, May 5, 2014

Mixed Media Card with Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Monday crafty peeps, I hope you had a fantastic weekend! It's my day to share a project over on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog.

My project today is another way to use your die cuts that you might have saved from various projects. I keep a scrap bag of my cuts and wanted to use them in a bit of a new way.

I gave each of my cuts a coat of gesso and then attached them. Once they were adhered, I used a bit of mist and dripped it around the card for a very subtle shabby chic look.


When I started on this project I had no idea if this would be a disaster or what the outcome would be. For my flowers, I assembled them first, then added the color.


Some elements are cut from cereal box chipboard like my hinges, others just are paper scraps that I had and a few new cuts. It was a fun way to use up scraps that do not match. A bit of cheese cloth was added under the Rustic Birdhouse and I did use foam dots to provide dimension.  

Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:

Other Products:
Gesso
Stick Pins by Maya Road
Pearls by KaiserCraft
Foam Dota and Hot Glue Gun
Radiant Rain Mists in Solar Gold and Copper
Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Teal 
Cheesecloth

Please join us this week for our new Challenge 131, "Lots of Layers"! It's a fun theme and you could win a $20 gift certificate for playing along. 

Thanks so much for stopping on over today, have a super week!

2 comments:

ALINE said...

This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Amazing work! So cute colors and all combination!