Thursday, May 30, 2013

Graduation Day Card Inspiration

Greetings crafty peeps!  I'm up today over on the Moxxie Blog and have a Graduation card to share.

The Graduation season is busy here in Minnesota right now and I needed a card and I needed to make it quickly.  The "Graduation Day" collection from Moxxie is perfect and elegant.

Moxxie_MayGradCard_VanGinkel_final_wm
I really love the oval silhouette die cut, so I wanted another layer of black to emphasize the elegant image.  Adding in one more oval frame layer with some foam tape for dimension gave me just the look I was hoping for.

Next, I took the original pattern scallop frame border and cut it at the top and bottom.  It was easy to angle it to tuck under my scallop border trim.  I added an acetate decorative piece at the top to disguise any hint of the alteration.

Moxxie_MayGradCard_VanGinkel_details1_final_wm
The sentiment sticker was inked and adhered with foam dots and a bit of grey pearls, seam binding ribbon and stick pins finished the elegant look.

Moxxie's "Graduation Day" collection is perfect for all of your Graduation projects from cards, to pages and beyond! Be sure to ask for it at your local scrapbook store.

Ingredients:
Graduation Day Pattern Papers - Moxxie
Graduation Day Stickers - Moxxie
Graduation Day Die Cuts - Moxxie
Coal Miner PowderPuff Chalk Ink - Quick Quotes
Triple Pearl Stick Pin - Maya Road
Single Pearl Stick Pin - Jenni Bowlin Studio
Adhesive Pearls - Want2Scrap
Acetate Embellishment - K and Co.
Oval Die Cut - MFT Dies
Foam Tape - Imaginisce
Seam Binding Ribbon - Stash

Thanks so much for stopping on over to visit today!  Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful card Rhonda!