Thursday, December 13, 2012

December Club Q with Quick Quotes


Happy Thursday crafty peeps!

I have a fun page to share with you today featuring the December Club Q - Option A along with other pieces from Quick Quotes and some of my extras at home.

This month's kits feature the very beautiful Stowaway collection along with a bit of Cracklin' Rose and Cherry Truffle.


Both base layers of my page are inked with Amaretto PowderPuff Chalk Ink.  I also trimmed out a 10 x 10 mid section of my brown background paper before attaching to save for other projects.  : )  You probably do this too.  It's a nice way to have a layered look and be thrifty all at the same time!

The snowflake die cuts in the kit are so much fun to work with!  I used the template from those dies as a mask with some Tahiti PowderPuff Chalk Ink and a foam pouncer to add a few more to my design.  


Once I had my snowflakes punched out, inked and then arranged, I took my large vellum quote "Children are the Hands" and trimmed it down just a bit.  Then, I applied some Biscotti and Tahiti PowderPuff Chalk Inks to the back by swirling my pouncers around randomly to create some interest.


The remaining elements were layered in bit by bit.  I started with the pop of pretty yellow card stock and  a piece of torn vellum.  The white strip of card stock snowflakes was punched using a Martha Stewart deep edge border punch.

The negative space snowflake on the upper top corner was punched with a Martha Stewart large snowflake and behind it is another piece of vellum.

The brown polka dot inverse of that snowflake is layered under the right upper corner of the yellow.  I took another bitty snowflake punch and using vellum, then attached to the top of my photo.  It's subtle but I loved the simple texture.  The final step for my page was adding Diamond Stickles to the flourish designs on the background.


I wanted to also mention that I coordinated placement of my bling (Want2Scrap, included in the kit) when I attached the photo so I could tuck it in under the photo mat.  Isn't it so pretty?!!!  I just love the flourishes and snowflakes in this month's kit!

Quick Quotes Ingredients:
December Club Q - Option A
AmarettoTahiti and Biscotti - PowderPuff Chalk Inks
Children are the Hands - Half Page Vellum
Vellum Scraps

Other Ingredients:
Cardstock - AC
Diamond Stickles - Ranger
Chipboard Tab - Studio Calico
Deep Edge Snowflake Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Small and Large Snowflake Punch - Martha Stewart
Metal Snowflakes - Momenta
Tag - K and Co.
Crop-o-dile Big Bite
Other:  Eyelets, Seam Binding Ribbon, Sewing Machine and Thread

Thanks so much for stopping on over and spending a moment with me today.  Have a super scrappity day!
Rhonda

No comments: