Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Designing for Samantha Walker!


Crafty greetings to you today!

I'm beyond honored to have been asked to Guest Design for Samantha Walker!  Her designs and style are fabulous and always a feast for the eyes!!!

I used the A to Z Mega Pack digital collection for this project and had so much fun with it!  First, I started with the linen pattern papers, then I selected some flash cards and then tags and journaling pieces.  The possibilities are endless when you have such a variety at your fingertips.


Shhhh...  here's a confession for you!  I've never before had the pleasure of creating a hybrid design - this was a fabulous experience.  I knew the series of photos that I wanted to use and that was the inspiration for my page.

There's something so fun about a series of action images to me.  It's all about discovery and all of the different activities with my two boys (ages 4 and 3) these days.  Their latest infatuation is soccer.  They just love to run and kick the ball and play back and forth.  I'm so glad to have caught some of these moments in pictures!


I did mix in a little bit of cardstock for my project, but most of what you see here is printed from my digi kit and then cut and arranged.  The extra bonus in this?  If you flub ...err ahem "change your mind" on your journaling... just print a new one or add text to it and print again.  Awesome perk if you ask me!  I did go with my handwriting this go around, just to show how you can't really even tell this is hybrid. 


You'll find a few of the Samantha Walker Spellbinders used in my project.  The bird and blue wavy bracket are from Cuckoo Clock and the leaves and red bracket are from her Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents collection.  They add so much to your pages!!!

Ingredients:
A to Z Mega Pack - Jessica Sprague
Digi Software - My Memories
Cuckoo Clock by Samantha Walker for Spellbinders
Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents by Samantha Walker for Spellbinders
Yellow Embossed Cardstock by Core'dinations
Cloud Punches by Fiskars
Loop Punch by Martha Stewart
Gems and i-Rock by Imaginisce
Tahiti and Lemonade PowderPuff Chalk Ink by Quick Quotes
Weathered Wood Distress Ink by Ranger
Acrylic Scallop by Fancy Pants
Twine by The Twinery
Other:  Macbook Pro, HP Printer, Sewing Machine, Thread and Ric-rak

Thank you so much for letting me share my creation with you today!  A big warm thank you as well to Samantha Walker for inviting me to guest design for her.  I'm such a lucky girl!!! 

Have a fabulous scrappity day!

Rhonda

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Huge congrats on the GDT!!!! This is soooo darn adorable!!!! Love the crisp clean feel! Your choice of dies and embellies are perfect!!! BRAVO, gf!!!

madscrappertoo said...

Love this lo!! Wtg using all those pics.. Fabulous work!