Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Unibind Quick Quotes Album

Greetings crafty peeps!  (Warning, today's post is fairly long with quite a few photos!)

Today I'm excited to share with you an album that I created using the March Club Q kit for Quick Quotes!  The kits feature the Tin Type line with coordinating chipboard, cardstock and vellum gear elements.  *Swoon!!!*

My project is created with a Unibind album and machine.  The Unibind photobook allows you to bind pages into a cover spine using heat to set them for a completely custom bound book when you are all done.  The base for my project is an 8x10 canvas black book which came with my machine. 


Here are some details of the cover:
I inked my large gear, then embossed with a mesh folder. 
A few layers of UTEE and heat embossing created the shine.
The black gear on the right is covered with Glossy Accents.
Back of the cover when you open the book.
The title page used the black cardstock gears and a chipboard gear that
is inked and coated with Modge Podge and some glitter.
The title is from the Tin Type 500 and included in the kit.
This is designed for use as a travel journal so we can take it with us on our trips this year.  The design allows spaces to tuck memorabilia and journaling notes from our trip as it progresses.  Each of the six pages are sewn together as large pockets and alternate in orientation.  This very first pocket is open on the top.  The manila tags are office tags that I inked with our PowderPuff Chalk Inks and then stamped lightly with a design that coordinated with the style of the kits.

For a tutorial on the gear and tags, click here.
Love the Vellum Silhouettes that came with the kit!
I tore the edges and made a page pocket with it.
The ribbon slide uses the chipboard from the kit.  Another large Gear inked and covered in matte Modge Podge.  I used the Quatrefoil stamp and Midnight Confessions Chalk Ink on the kraft cardstock and the ribbon slide.  What a fun look!

Here I added another large diecut with cardstock and
an acetate film strip I had laying around.

This is the final back page of the book. 
I created my pages first, then bound them as a final step using the machine.  

Here's a collage of all the pages.

Quick Quotes Supplies:  March Club Q, Powderpuff Chalk InksMocha Mama, Baja Blue, Green Tea, Midnight Confessions, Blue Hawaiian, Biscotti.  Flower, Trim and large gem on cover, previous Club Q kits

Other supplies:  Book and Binding by Unibind, Kraft and Black Cardstock, Core'dinations Embossed Black Cardstock, i-Top and 16mm brad daddy by Imaginisce, Doily and branch dies by Cheery Lynn Designs, Flourish dies by Spellbinders and Sizzix, Mesh Embossing Folder, Filmstrip ribbon, Glossy Accents by Tim Holtz for Ranger, Spellbinders Labels 4 Grand Nestabilities, Grand Scalloped Circle Nestabilities and Grand Calibur, Border Punches by Martha Stewart and Fiskars, Flower by Petaloo, Glitter by Donna Salazar, Modge Podge, UTEE, Quatrefoil stamp by A Jillian Vance Designs.  Misc: Acetate Film Strip, Sewing Machine, Thread, Manila Office Tags

I really had a lot of fun with this project and can't wait to make more of these!  I love that you create a keepsake that will truly stand the test of time and it's a real book.  How cool is that?!!!  My kids will love to have these books!

The other super cool thing about this project...  Now I'm all ready for vacation!  We can just grab the book, tuck in pamphlets and ticket stubs and notes on the tags as we go.  The pockets can hold most everything that we collect and do.  We can even print a few photos while we are there and decorate the pages.  I think the boys will absolutely love this! 

Thanks so much for stopping on by today!  Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

No comments: