Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Special Ornament!

Wednesday crafty greetings to you!

I’m excited to bring to you a fun little project today that I created with my December Quick Quotes Club Q kit.

I thought it would be fun to mix up my projects a bit and create an ornament for the tree! Every year I create a few ornaments that are special to me for our tree. This is my Quick Quotes ornament for 2011 featuring my two sweet little guys. : )
To create this ornament I used the Tim Holtz Accordion Flower die by Sizzix. I created two and sandwiched them together. The cute little gingerbread men are stamps by A. Jillian Vance Design and represent my kids. I colored them with my Copics.
 
I added a layer on either side of a punched snowflake. Using my Epiphany Crafts Round 25 Bubble Caps and Metal Charms were a perfect accent and provided a wonderful way to hang the ornament!

I punched holes through the center of the snowflakes so my hanger ribbon could be threaded.
Here is the flip side. I just love that sweet gingerbread man! A little Diamond Stickles on top of my snowflake and voila~!

A sandwich view.

Ingredients:
December Club Q Kit– Quick Quotes
PowderPuff Chalk Ink; “Bloody Mary” – Quick Quotes
Accordian Flower Die – Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Snowflake Punches – Martha Stewart
Bubble Caps Round 25 (2) - Epiphany Crafts
Round Metal Charm 25 (2) – Epiphany Crafts
Shape Studio Tool Round 25 – Epiphany Crafts
Stamps; "Christmas Baking Treats" – A. Jillian Vance Design
Copic Markers
Diamond Stickles - Ranger
Beacon’s 3 in 1 – Quick Quotes
Grand Calibur – Spellbinders
Other: Ribbon

Thanks for spending a moment with me here today!  Have yourself a super scrappity day as we get ready to ring in 2012!!!

~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

What a cute idea to adhere them together! Love those little gingerbread men :)

Diana Fisher said...

I just love this! :)