Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Destination - Play!

Happy Wednesday my blogging friends! 

I'm so excited to share with you a fun project that I created with the new Imaginisce line "Bon Voyage"!  It's a collection that is near and dear to my heart with its elegant vintage vibe and very classic appeal!!! 
I always like to put a bit of a twist on things, so of course I didn't use the collection for a travel themed page.  Instead, I used it with some playful photos.  Without further delay here it is:
I love the mix of patterns and colors in this line so I tried to use as much as possible in my layering.  These are photos of our oldest rolling down the hay bale pile at the Apple Orchard last fall.  I just loved the sequence of the action and the look ok his face.  The colors were a perfect match for the line too!

I used the Snag 'em Compass stamp on my kraft envelope with Quick Quotes Powder Puff chalk ink in Amaretto, then colored an i-rock gem with my Copic marker for the center.
I opted to create a bit of a collage with a variety of the die-cuts and sticker stackers. I used my i-Top and a 28mm brad for the large compass. Here is a detail image for you:

I've also added some very tiny i-Rock crystal gems to the background compass paper for a little extra interest as well. There are additional glam rocks in the upper left of my layering too.  The kraft envelope and mini tickets on here are Maya Road, the acetate heart is K&Co.  Twine is from Martha Stewart.  The mini words on the Destination Chipboard plaque are Authentique.
Be sure to stop on by the Imaginisce blog today to see all of the inspiration from the Design Team using this beautiful line!  There is also a chance for you to win a collection of your own!!!

Thanks for stopping on by, have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Jan Garber said...

I loved this layout when I saw it on the Imaginisce blog! I really must get an I-top now! I've seen you do too many cool things with it! Keep me posted on any upcoming giveaways! LOL!Check out the Hop over at Taylored Expressions...no prizes, but I'm on the list! haha!