Warm Sunday greetings to you! I've got a fun Quick Quotes August Club Q project to share with you today!
Aren't the mix of colors in the Cherry Truffle line just fabulous? It's so rich and elegant. I had this sepia toned photo from when our little guy was only a few weeks old and thought it paired nicely with the line. I wanted to prove that you don't always have to use the color blue for boys. ; )
To accentuate my sun shape, I added some accordion flowers and as an accent to my rub on quote, some baby feet stickers I have had for well over a year now. The quote: “This day will leave the silent footprints of precious memories in my soul.” It perfectly conveys how I feel every single time I look at this photo. Something about how he is looking at me just makes my heart melt.
This is why I love to scrapbook!
- Created a few die cut shapes using Spellbinders Grand Calibur.
- Stitched on the circle in gingham yellow with a fun stitch to simulate sun rays.
- Used some light yellow acrylic paint to drybrush the edges of my paper and around my "sun" shape.
- Also used the paint on my cream laser cut swirlydoo shapes.
- Added little dots of stickles to the floral dots on my background paper.
- Sanded my coredinations cardstock to reveal the yellow core under the black.
Other Products used:
- Quick Quotes Ribbon: Red Sheer 5/8
- Quick Quotes Rub-on
- Quick Quotes Jewels: Clear
- Quick Quotes Itty Bitty Box Quotes: Boys
Non Kit items:
- Epiphany Crafts buttons, round 14 (2), round epoxy 14 (1), vintage settings (1)
- Ranger Stickles in Diamond
- Crinkle Ribbon
- Martha Stewart baker’s twine
- Stick Pins
- Jolee footprint stickers
- Light yellow acrylic paint
- Bazzill and Coredinations cardstock
- Sewing Machine and thread
- Journaling pen
Thank you so much for stopping on over for a moment! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Be sure to stop on by the Quick Quotes blog to see what's new too!