Tuesday greetings to you my scrappy friends!
These are the projects that you can create:
And the Altered Kit:
I took one look at the altered kit kicker of that little luggage tag and knew what I wanted to do! Can you say adorable! The moment I saw it I knew I wanted to make it into a mini-album! To add pages, it’s very easy, just trace the back shape onto some plain chipboard or you can use a cereal box.
I found the perfect sentiment in my Itty Bitty Vellum Quotes “Sentiments” and attached it from behind. The idea behind the mini… just everyday moments that we might not otherwise capture.
For the cover, I used a few epoxy heart buttons and a charm with my Epiphany Crafts tools. I love the pop of color from the red and yellow on here. The edges of my tag were inked with Powder Puff Mocha Mama ink. After covering the cover, I added my Modge Podge in Matte and it really gives this particular paper a leather like appearance. That was my unexpected little bonus surprise from this project!
When you open the cover... a favorite photo of our oldest dashing towards the water park on our last vacation. He was totally ready to hit the water, and he always seems to be running, so this is a perfect photo of him!
4th of July, such a happy little man swinging for hours in this swing!
Little brother enjoying his favorite activity... snacking!
To me, this photo is like a window into the future! Ever take one of those photos and you wonder is that really the same kid? It really makes me wonder what he will look like when he goes to school.
Here's our sweet little babe swinging on the 4th of July as well. They both absolutely loved this swing.
This was taken on our Wisconsin vacation as well. This photo just captured his coy little smile so nicely.
I never thought to do an everyday moments album, but this was probably the easiest and fun project! I hope you think about giving one a try. The tag was the perfect inspiration for all of this!
- Trace shape of back solid tag shape to create additional pages using chipboard.
- Inked edges of pages before adhering papers.
- For the cover, after covering with paper, I used a coat of Modge Podge in matte finish and it created a finish that combined with the brown paper, takes on a leather like texture and appearance.
- Rub-on embellishments were used to avoid adding a lot of bulk.
- I used some of the scallop trim for a bit of accent at the top and the swirls from the kit under a sentiment block for fun. The added kit elements are fabulous!
Non-Kit items used:
- Beacon's 3 in 1
- Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Mocha Mama
- Quick Quotes Rub-Ons “Oh Lovely”
- Quick Quotes Ribbon “Irresistible”
- Epiphany Crafts heart 14 epoxy buttons (3)
- Epiphany Crafts charm and round 14 epoxy button (1)
- 7 Gypsies charms and O-Ring
- Ranger metal key by Tim Holtz
- Crinkle seam binding ribbon
- Rub-Ons, October Afternoon
- Modge Podge in matte finish
- Dimensionals by Stampin Up
- Other Misc.: Ribbon and Ric-Rak rub-ons
- Imaginisce D-Stress or Foam Nail File tool
- Flower punch by EK Success
- Circle punch by Marvy Uchida
- Starburst “Punch all over the page” by Martha Stewart
- Epiphany Crafts Heart 14 and Circle 14 punches
Thanks so much for stopping on over! Have a super scrappity day!