Saturday, September 11, 2010

Road Show - Oh Joy!!!

Happy Saturday greetings to you!

I recently had the pleasure of getting to work with the Fancy Pants Road Show line and let me tell you, it is pure bliss! The papers are so versatile for most any subject and transcend gender and theme to fit wherever you need them to! Check out the Thoughts 2 Paper Store to see more of the papers!

Without further ado, here is my creation using one of my favorite wedding photos in black and white. It is of my hubby and I after seeing each other for the first time on our wedding day.






















The Fancy Pants Road Show 5x8 Notebook Journal pad provided me with the perfect spot to journal my reflections of what that photo reminds me of. To create the flower, I used the acrylic flocked sheet that comes in the pack and punched a variety of circles, then used my heat gun to warp them. I did the same with some white tulle and melted the edges to give a little dimension and curl, then secured all the pieces together with one of Tim Holtz's hitches.

















I had some acrylic shapes in my stash from Fancy Pants and I thought the heart was perfect to layer on here, so I dry brushed some liquid pearls on the back in platinum, then added some to the journaling spot too.










Once I finished with my border punches and with my ribbon trims (the grey elegant one is Fancy Pants Road Show of course!), I used some bead garland that I had found at Michael's on clearance a while back. It seemed like the perfect accessory on that heart, then a few I-Rock gems on the flourishes helped to finish off this page.

Thoughts2Paper Store featured items: Fancy Pants Road Show package kit, Road Show 5x8 Notebook Journal.

Ingredients: Tim Holtz Gear, Bead Garland, Tiny Butterfly Punch, EK Success, Monarch Butterfly Punch, Martha Stewart, Scallop Border Punches, Martha Stewart, Silver Shimmer Organza Ribbon, White Tulle, I-Rock gems, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Weathered Wood Distress Ink, Heat Gun, Martha Stewart Rose Leaf Punch, Road Show Sentiment and Ribbon, Fancy Pants Acrylic Heart, Black Cardstock, Helmar 450, Glue Dots, Making Memories Love Charm and thread.

Thanks for spending a moment with me!  I hope you have a super fabulous scrappity weekend!!!

~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Beautiful layout!

Mel said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!