Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Flight of Fancy...

What do you get when you take a little Jillibean Soup, some Helmar adhesive and some super yummy Spellbinders and toss it all together?  I call this a little Spring flight of fancy!!!

Scrapbooks Too in Bloomington, MN (my favorite LSS!) had this fun little contest going on for Spellbinders last week.  When the contest first popped up I thought immediately of this fun little birdhouse and how cute it would be to make little "shingles" for the rooftop using their Labels Four dies and attached using my trusty favorite Helmar 450 adhesive! 

I used my trusty Helmar 450 to glue the whole house together.  I can not say enough great things about this adhesive, it dries so fast and holds like none other.  This house is surprisingly sturdy!
















The template for this little birdhouse was created by Nichole Heady for Papertrey Ink and was posted over at Life Preserver's a while back for a challenge.  You can use the instructions for the roof and base if you have those Spellbinder dies.  I did not have them, so this is what works in place: 
  • Cut the base of your house at 1.75 x 1.75 square.
  • I used brown cardstock and then corner rounded mine using my corner chomper. 
  • Cut the roof for your house at 3.25 x 2. I then attached my shingles to cover the roof. 
The little flowers on the inside and the leaves peeking out of the birdhole are Jolee’s boutique parcel stickers, aren't they fun?  I used a Tim Holtz hitch for the post. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a super scrappity Saturday!!!

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

This is a darling birdhouse! Love the papers!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by and being an encouragement I truly appreciate it a lot! Hope your having a really great week and I love the birdhouses!
e.

Katie said...

I saw this on Helmar's FB page yesterday. Woo Hoo!
Such a cute house!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Rhonda, this is such an awesome birdhouse project, how clever and creative are you! Thanks for the inspiration!