Saturday, January 28, 2017

Love is in the Air with ScrapBerry's

Saturday greetings to you! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I've got a ScrapBerry's project to share featuring a bit of recycling from a found object.

I've used the beautiful Birds of Paradise collection along with a piece of packaging material as my foundation to create an up-cycled home decor plaque.

Upcycled Recycle Packaging Creates Home Decor featuring ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Collection Designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

How did this project begin? I received a box containing a new larger item and inside were several pieces of this oversized partition cardboard but with texture. I loved how durable and strong it was and thought, this could really work nicely for a wall decor item.

Upcycled Recycle Packaging Creates Home Decor featuring ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Collection Designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

To begin, I used a coating of plain white gesso. After the first coat I applied a bit of ScrapBerry's Stains Ink in Pink to the raised areas, then muted it down with a 2nd coat of white gesso. A bit of silver embossing powder was used on top of the wet medium, then heat set with a heating tool. The final touch was an application overall of iridescent medium.

The technique accents the gray tones and softens the Pink ScrapBerry's Stains Ink to perfectly coordinate.

Upcycled Recycle Packaging Creates Home Decor featuring ScrapBerry's Birds of Paradise Collection Designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

As you can see, I have die cut several items to layer, but the sentiment and bird with the florals were my inspiration. I've hand cut the florals and some of the leaves as they are so pretty!

I hope I've inspired you to look at some of your everyday items creatively today.

ScrapBerry's Products:

Birds of Paradise Paper Collection SCB220606300BH
- Twitter SCB220606309H
- My Melody SCB220606305H
- Birds SCB220606307H
- Fairy Garden SCB220606302H
- Barberry SCB220606306H
- Plumets SCB2206063088BH

Stamps: Photo Archive SCB4907013B
Metal Embellishment Flair: Create Wonder SCB340001085
Stains Ink: Pink SCB1210502
Metal Charms 4 Pc: For Wedding
Washi Tape: Around The World SCB49001, Wind of Travel SCB490029

Thank you for stopping on over for a visit today! Have a super scrappity day!

No comments: