Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Love is... featuring ScrapBerry's Primavera

Wednesday greetings to you! I have a fun project that I created for the ScrapBerry's Blog to share with you today.

I have a romantic inspired page in honor of Valentine's Day featuring the Primavera collection. The inspiration for this page is a silly photo from Facebook. I found the sentiment on it to be so true and wanted to celebrate the silly that is shared in our relationships. To me, having a great laugh with my loved ones is the best!

ScrapBerry's Page featuring Primavera Collection designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

To begin my page, I applied a bit of modeling paste with a stencil, then added some mist splatters in coordinating teal, blues, gold and silver. After selecting my paper to mat the photo to, I knew I wanted to have nice texture on the page so I also added a bit of corrugate.

ScrapBerry's Page featuring Primavera Collection designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

A bit of white chalk ink was applied to the corrugate and around my photo collage to provide a soft distressed appearance. I used a stencil brush to work the ink into the paper with a soft look. After I framed the collage, I knew I wanted to add this technique around the outer border as well.

The white Chipboard Tag Frame in a scalloped oval shape I cut apart and used in opposing areas to help create the visual triangle in my design. A bit of pearl paint was added in coral, mint and pink to blend with the color scheme.

ScrapBerry's Page featuring Primavera Collection designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

A few details so you can see some of the textures within the layers. I started with the drywall tape, added mist and ink splatters, then the white chalk ink distressing, followed by the washi tape. A few accent die cuts from the papers are added as well.

ScrapBerry's Page featuring Primavera Collection designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

One last view to show the layers and textures.

ScrapBerry's Products:
12x12 Primavera Collection Paper Pad SCB220609000
- Ephemeral SCB220609001
- Into the Parlor SCB220609002
- Dreamcatcher SCB220609003
- Paisley Waves SCB220609004
- Cards 2 SCB220609008
Washi Tape: Wind of Travel SCB490029
Flair Metal Embellishments: Forest Friends SCB340001049
Crystal Stickers: Floral Embroidery SCB3000007
Metal Charms Set: For Wedding SCB250001056
Chipboard Die Cuts: Craft Chipboards White Tags SCB2022646
Paper Flowers: Clove Pink 8 Pieces SCB280408
Paper Flowers: Daisy Pink 8 Pieces SCB280307
Paper Flowers: Rose Light Pink 8 Pieces SCB280504
Mulberry Paper Flowers: Fern Leaves 7 Pieces SCB300603
Stamps: Elegy Precious Memories SCB4904020b

Thanks so much for stopping on over to the blog today! If you'd like to view more ScrapBerry's products, go here.