Sunday, October 30, 2016

Vintage Season's Greetings with ScrapBerry's

Greetings and happy Sunday to you.
 
I was recently up over on the ScrapBerry's blog with a project in vintage and romantic holiday theme. I'm excited to share with you my card featuring the "Winter Joy" collection by ScrapBerry's. This collection has some wonderful vintage images as well as coordinating sentiment cut outs.
 
"Season's Greetings"
 
To begin, I selected an oval focal image from the “Postcards” paper and cut it out. I then selected my base paper to coordinate with, the “Sprinkle of Snow”. After trimming to an A2 size, I used a distress die and cut the bottom right corner relief design. Added a piece of “Winter Garden” to peek from behind.

 

 
Once I selected those elements, I cut several more die cut elements and layered them with the focal image. First, I cut a circular floral vine from “Ice Feathers”. This is layered on top of a pinecone that was cut from “Winter Music”. As each piece was muted, I added touches of shimmer using my Wink of Stella clear glitter. To complete the framing for my image, I cut another circular flourish and layered underneath.
 
The sentiment was trimmed from the “Cards” paper. Edges are inked, distressed a bit and then touched with a bit more Wink of Stella to add a hint of shimmer. I added a die cut deer peeking out and a sweet bow in White Wax String for interest.
 

You’ll also see subtle snowflakes punched from vellum. One is accented with a coordinating white snowflake brad The collages of embellishments in the right corner were the finishing touches.
 
ScrapBerry’s Products:
12x12 Winter Joy Paper Pad
  • Winter Music
  • Sprinkle of Snow
  • Miracle
  • Cards
  • Ice Feathers
  • Postcards
  • Sprinkle of Snow
  • Winter Garden
Wooden Buttons – Winter Joy
Decorative Cork – Winter Joy
Decorative Brads – Winter Joy
Flair Metal Embellishments No1 – That Special Time of Year
White Wax String

I hope you enjoyed my project today. Thank you so much for stopping on over and spending a moment with me here on the blog! Have a super scrappity day!!!
 

No comments: