Monday, March 21, 2016

Easter Decor with BoBunny

Hi there and Happy Monday to you! 

I was recently up on the BoBunny blog featuring the Secret Garden collection and Eggcellent Stamps. For my project I went with an Easter theme and created a Home Décor door hanger.

Easter Door Hanger Altered using Secret Garden papers and Eggcellent Stamp Set by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I was so excited to get assigned to Mixed Media with all of the delicious new products that BoBunny has just released, it's like paradise! I'm using Secret Garden with new Eggcellent Stamps for my door hanger. This foundation is a wooden door hanger that I picked up for .79 cents at Hobby Lobby.

To prepare the base, I used some White Gesso around the edges and sides. While that was drying I thought it would be fun to use one of our new Crackle products on a die cut to see how much if any of the background color peeks through. 
  • First step - apply a thin layer of the Crackle Paste Primer and let dry.  
  • Ok, I confess, I was impatient and did speed up the drying process with my heat gun, but I made certain the paper was completely dry before I did anything else.

Easter Door Hanger Altered using Secret Garden papers and Eggcellent Stamp Set by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Next I applied the White Crackle Paste using a plastic craft knife in a fairly thin layer, then applied heat using my heat gun to dry and crack. You can see the shabby results below.

Easter Door Hanger Altered using Secret Garden papers and Eggcellent Stamp Set by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

While the "Picture This" die cut was drying, I traced the wooden door hanger on the back of my Vineyard pattern paper so the design aligned on the left. A bit of cheesecloth was cut and tacked down. Next, I cut a small Ornate Doily to layer with my Picture This crackled embellishment and topped it off with a pretty Brad. 

Easter Door Hanger Altered using Secret Garden papers and Eggcellent Stamp Set by BoBunny designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I used some Sugar DoubleDot cardstock to stamp my sweet little Eggcellent character on, then used a few color pencils to give a bit of detail. I cut a Branch Out heart branch from the Roses papers and layered behind him. Then I cut a long patch of grass from the Bike Ride die set. I arranged all of the sentiments using foam squares for dimension, then added my other layers behind it.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Vineyard, Planted, Garland and Roses / Secret Garden
DoubleDot: Sugar
Stamps: Eggcellent Stamps
Brads: Secret Garden
Chipboard: 6x12; Layered Chipboard / Secret Garden
Dies: Bike Ride, Branch Out, Picture This and Ornate Doilies
Stickable Stencils: Bliss
Glitter Paste: Sugar

Thanks so much for stopping on over for a visit today! Have a super scrappity Monday!!!

No comments: