Thursday, December 3, 2015

Merry and Bright with SEI

Greetings and welcome, I am super excited to share with you my first design team project for SEI, featuring their Merry Mistletoe collection of pattern papers, die cut pack and stickers.


I thought it would be fun to create a page featuring a family photo for 2015. Even though the photo isn't perfect, I like that it's more of a casual shot taken when we were out goofing off at a park.


Design Steps:
  • Once my photo was matted, I selected my background paper and layers. 
  • I stitched the red 10.5" square using my sewing machine. 
  • Next I added a bit of modeling paste using a stencil with crack shapes for a bit of subtle texture.
  • Once dry, I used a scrap piece of 6" diameter circle corrugate that I had, trimmed it and tore the paper a bit and inked with a touch of Iced Spruce distress ink. 
  • The corrugate was attached to my page by stitching it, then I stitched around the outside of it to frame the shape a bit.
  • A 3.5" x 5.5" piece of cheesecloth was trimmed to layer on top of the corrugate
  • I die cut a few banners using my die cut machine and a border and notebook paper element which are layered under the photo
  • Layered the vertical strip and attached, stapled a few staples at the top.
  • The banner pieces were layered with the border below and notebook paper. 
  • Photo was adhered using foam dimensional adhesive.
  • Reindeer, With Love Tag and Red Bird elements from the Merry Mistletoe Die Cut Pack were tucked in. Mr. Reindeer has his eyes accented with Glossy Accents, a sticker on his nose, topped with a touch of glitter glue. The With Love Tag was accented with glitter glue around the border also.
  • Final touches are the snowflake stickers tucked in and the branch sticker layered under the bird.
  • I cut the "Merry & Bright" title using the Under Mistletoe paper and my Silhouette Cameo. I used one of the stickers to dot the "i" in the title.
SEI Products Used:
Merry Mistletoe Paper Collection
Merry Mistletoe Die Cut Pack
Merry Mistletoe Stickers

Thank you for stopping on over to visit my blog today.  Have a super scrappity day!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Very pretty layout!