Thursday, October 22, 2015

Spooky Delight with DCWV!

Happy Thursday!

I've got a bit of Halloween inspiration to share with you today featuring papers from the DCWV "Spooky Delight" stack.

This was created using a cut file and my Silhouette Cameo.  I wanted to create a treat box that I could add a few goodies into as well as perhaps a gift card. One of our teachers this year has a birthday on Halloween, and I thought this would be a fun surprise for her.

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Scrappity Dappity Doo!. 
I do receive financial compensation and products from DCWV to develop certain blog posts, 
but all of the ideas and opinions noted are my own.


I hand cut a few of the fun design elements from the pattern paper, like the ghost and the "boo" speech bubble and adhered them with Glue Dot. To make the ghost a bit interactive, I added those fun plastic eyes that move.

I tied a bit of black netting in a knot at the top and used my heat gun to melt and warp the ends just a touch. Hint: Start at least 3-5 inches away and keep your heat source moving.


A bit of netting was added to the windows as curtains with my tiny stapler for fun. The bat and spider are stickers from my personal stash of goodies.

Are you in the festive spirit for Halloween decor or crafting?  Be sure to check out this fun collection at a Joann's near you!

DCWV Products Used:
Spooky Delight Stack

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity day!

*****

p..s  If you are looking for the October Pep Rally for Clique Kits, click here.

2 comments:

Melissa Vining said...

Your treat box is adorable, I'm sure the teacher will love it! Thanks for joining us at Clique Kits!

Unknown said...

So super fun! Love what you made! Thanks for joining our Clique Kits "Anything Goes" Challenge!