Friday, August 28, 2015

Art Journal with Enchanted Harvest

Friday greetings to you!

I have an art journal project to share with you featuring one of the new collections by BoBunny called "Enchanted Harvest". I've used some of our new Stickable Stencils and Laser Cut Chipboard as well.

Today's project features a historical family photo from harvest time when they still used horses. I am so grateful to have this photo, I had never seen this until recently. Growing up on a farm, the fall is a busy time of year and I have absolutely loved fall ever since I was a very young child. I will never forget harvest time, and this photo serves as a reminder of how much work goes into growing the crops that feed our families.


I started this project by using the Glimmer Spray in Bronze and painting it around the edges of both pages of the art journal and set aside to dry. I selected my papers, trimmed them to size and rounded the outer corners.


Here you see the all new "Whimsy" Stickable Stencil design in the background using modeling paste. I also layered the Filagree Foil Transfers in Gold on the bottom for accent.


A die cut using the 3x4 Lattice Frame Die was layered under the matted photo. The chipboard tag is helping to disguise the torn corner of the photo.


For the right hand page I have used the new "Leaf" Stickable Stencil with Copper Glitter Paste. You'll see that I've cut some of the pattern paper elements and layered them. The vertical banner is a piece from Noteworthy. Some more Filagree Foil Transfer in Gold is used by the butterfly as an accent.


The "Forever" sentiment is one of our new Laser Cut Chipboard pieces from the "Memories" package. I've treated it with Bronze Glimmer Spray and then stamped on it with Licorice Ink using the Distressed Textures stamps.

BoBunny Supplies
Patterned Paper: Gratitude, Fall, Foliage, Nymph, Mushrooms and Seed Packets / Enchanted Harvest
Noteworthy: Enchanted Harvest
Chipboard: Enchanted Harvest
Stickers: Combo Sticker / Enchanted Harvest
Dies: 3x4 Lattice Frame
Foil Transfer: Filagree in Gold
Glitter Paste: Copper
Glimmer Spray: Bronze
Jewels: DoubleDot Mocha
Stickable Stencils: Leaf and Whimsy
Laser Cut Chipboard: Memories
Stamps: Distressed Textures
Ink: Licorice

Thanks so much for stopping on over!  Have a super scrappity day!!!

No comments: