Friday, November 1, 2013

Zippy Mixed Media with BoBunny!

Happy Friday to you!

I'm super excited today to share my project with you.  A few of us over at BoBunny have been showcasing our mixed media projects.  I have one to share with you today.

Reach For the Stars and Choose Happiness!

When we received this assignment for a Zip-A-Dee Doodle Mixed Media page, I was happy because I had just purchased my first jar of molding paste!  I knew I wanted to use some masks and put the paste to work and build texture.  

It's also fun to up-cycle and add in a few things that you have already, like cardboard or fibers.  I painted mine with some gesso, then added some dry brushed acrylic paint for accent.  Then I touched the edges of my photo with the paint very gently.


The next photo shows my mistake.  I used a heart mask on an area with some inka gold metallic rub and it turned out way too dark, so I disguised it with a light coat of gesso.  It was a perfect subtle effect. The upside -- the rub worked perfectly on my Kraft Wooden Gear!  


I love that there are truly no mistakes in mixed media.  Add what you like, fix what you don't.  Use staples, glue, paint, fibers, gel, you name it! I experimented with some new products and now have a lot more confidence in using those items for my next projects.

The Zip-A-Dee Doodle collection is really a perfect match for mixed media, it's really fun!

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Creative, Zip-A-Dee Doodle, Margo, Crackle, Zig-Zag / Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Stickers:  Combo Sticker; Dimensional Stickers / Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Chipboard: 12x12 Chipboard; Layered Chipboard / Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Jewels: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Jewel Flourishes:  Licorice Jewels
Trinkets: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Noteworthy: Zip-A-Dee Doodle
Misc. Me Stickers: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle
Kraft:  Kraft Wood Gears

Other Supplies:
Molding Paste by Golden 
Bracket Style Spray Stencil by Heidi Swapp
Burlap Layering Stencil and Frosted Film by Tim Holtz
Crackle Accents
Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Steel Blue
Laguna Blue Acrylic Paint by Delta
Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist by Lunimarte
Pen-Touch Quick Dry Paint Pen in White
PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Coal Miner and Baja Blue
Fibers, Vellum, Cardboard, Sewing Machine and Thread
Dienamics Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax die - My Favorite Things
Vagabond
Foam Dots by 3L

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a super scrappity, inky, creative day!


No comments: