Monday, October 21, 2013

Owl Be Your Friend with Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Monday crafty peeps!  It's my day over at Cheery Lynn Designs blog today.

My card features some of our new release dies that I just fell in love with, the Birch Tree with Cute Critters and the Owls with Gears.  It's always fun to create cards with both masculine and feminine appeal and these dies are perfect for the task!


I added a touch of Flower Soft to the stomach of the small owl on the right for texture.  My clouds are cut from a glassine bag, then after attaching with a touch of glossy accents, I added some Picket Fence distress stickles on the two right, a touch of Rock Candy on the left cloud.


I cut some pieces of two different French Flair Silver Stackers to create my kraft "hills" for the background.  I strategically started with my tree to cover the point, then trimmed it.  I cut a small piece of glassine, then inked it and adhered to my Owl with Gears from the back.

I've inked my edges lightly of the hills and critters using a q-tip to highlight some of the notches in the sweet little birch tree for fun.

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:
Birch Tree with Cute Critters - B370
Owls with Gears (Set of 2 - Steampunk Series) - B383
Sentiment Frame #1 - B189
Clouds and Rain - B320
French Flair Silver - L12

Other Products Used:
Sentiment Stamp - A Jillian Vance Designs
Pattern Papers - "The Bright Side" by My Mind's Eye
Kraft Cardstock - Bazzill
Bling by Want2Scrap
Stick Pins by Maya Road.
Biscotti Ink - PowderPuff Chalk Ink by Quick Quotes
Distress Ink - Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain by Ranger

We would love to have you join us this week for the new Vintage challenge here at Cheery Lynn Designs!  There's a $20 gift certificate up for grabs to a lucky player!!!  

Thank you so much for stopping on over today!  

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a charming card! I love the scene you have created.