Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thankful For You...

Happy Wednesday to all my blogging friends!!!

I'm so lucky I get to share with you my Quick Quotes project featuring pieces from the fabulous April Club Q Kits (and a few pieces from a prior Club Q kit as well!).
I am Thankful for You... 
(12x12 layout)
The "time" banner is from a prior Club Q kit.

I used the color vellum quote "I am Thankful for you...  I am Grateful for us...".  It is layered over the top of the photo and pattern paper, then stitched down to adhere.  I loved the way the striped pattern paper seemed to work with the playground equipment in the photo.

At first glance you might think this is an odd quote for this photo or page.  About eight weeks ago, my husband had a pretty serious skiing accident.  This was the first photo taken after that when he was feeling well enough to get out of the house and take our kids to the park.  I can't tell you what a relief it was to see him smiling and having fun with the boys!!!


Some of my favorite items in the April Club Q Kits are those beautiful flowers, the bling and that scalloped trim!  Aren't they so pretty?  I love that they still work fabulously for a masculine page too. I used a textured cardstock on here from Bazzill and ran my Biscotti PowderPuff Chalk Ink over it.

The die cut white doily and time piece on here were treated the same way but with a makeup sponge and the same Biscotti color.  Love how that blended in with the colors of the paper!


Quick Quotes Ingredients:
April Club Q
Color Vellum Quote
PowderPuff Chalk Inks:  Purple Passion, Biscotti, Mocha Mama, Midnight Confession
Time Chipboard Banner, previous Club Q Kit

Other Ingredients: Cardstock, Bazzill and Core'dinations Border Punch, Martha Stewart Corner Punch, We R Memory Keepers Doily and Time Dies, Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Doily, Martha Stewart Kraft Envelope, Maya Road Stick Pin, K and Co. Misc.:  Button, Thread, Bakers Twine

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Hope your week is treating you well!!!

Have a Super Scrappity Day!
~ Rhonda

No comments: