Friday, March 9, 2012

A Banner Day at Imaginisce!

Happy Friday all!

I couldn't resist...  it's an exciting week over at Imaginisce!!!  We've paired up with Core'dinations and the results have been nothing short of spectacular!

I'm super excited to share my project with you.  Most of you know that we live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota and we get pretty excited about Spring in these parts!  For example:


I thought perhaps the snow was a bit distracting so I tried to re-take this photo on the ground:


I used the Core for my alphas on my 28mm brad daddies!
Using the core, I took a Thicker, placed it underneath and ran it through my Big Shot.  I held it and sanded using my Sand It Gadget to reveal the core alpha.  I then punched it out and created my brad using the i-Top 2.0. 

When you work with thicker quality papers and cardstock like this, it's very helpful to lightly mist your paper to help bend around the corners of your brad for a super nice finish!  I also sanded the scallop borders of the banner also. 


Check out the beautiful bold color of the Core with the Hippity Hop collection, isn't it amazing?  I just had the best time working with this cardstock, it's a stunning effect!  Thank you to Core'dinations for the fun hop and products too!!!

I hope we've inspired you to play around and experiment with Core'dinations and especially your favorite Imaginisce collection!  Be sure to pop on over to the blog to see what the other lovely designers have created!!! 

Word has it there are prizes to be had too!

Imaginisce Ingredients:
Hippity Hop Collection
i-Top 28 mm Brad Daddies (6)
i-Top 2.0
i-Top 28 mm Punch
Fashion Fabric Flowers - Bright
i-Bond
Clear Mini Glue Sticks

Other Ingredients:
Core'Dinations Cardstock
Sand-it Gadget
Dust Buddy
Thickers, AC
Pennant Dies - Spellbinders
Accordion Flower - Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Big Shot - Sizzix
Cropodile - We R Memory Keepers
Twine - The Twinery
Eyelets
Inks - Distress Inks by Ranger

Have a super scrappity weekend!
~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I seen your banner over at Imaginisce this morning, it is stunning!! You did a fabulous job!!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Rhonda, your banner ROCKS! Love the idea of using a thicker to emboss the alphas.