Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick Quotes November Club Q!

Greetings to you my dear blogging friends!  Can you believe we are already at the mid point of November?

I've got fun project to share with you today featuring the fabulous November Club Q Kit from Quick Quotes!  It features this amazing line called "Copper Kettle".  A few words to describe it; timeless, classic, romantic, vintage and elegant.  You'll see what I mean, but when you mix clocks, musical patterns and stripes with this rich color palette, well it's just an absolute winner!

First, here is a glimpse of the November Club Q Page Kits:
The November Club Q - Canvas Kit

I took this fun photo of our son during a break at the apple orchard. There’s something so carefree and nostalgic about the look of it with the barn in the backdrop. When I saw the quote on this page, I felt it suited this moment to perfection! Time stands still for no one. My little boy is not so “little” and every one of these moments is truly a gift!
Techniques Used:

I decided to frame the quote out by tearing my other paper layers to compliment the shape and draw attention to it. A bit of distressing on that layer helped the feel as well.
You’ll notice a partial frame under my photo in black. One of the black cardstock laser cut frames from the kit was used and trimmed to fit.
The kit also contains an elegant acetate overlay with swirls on it from Creative Imaginations. I’ve used a bit of that to soften the roman numerals on the bottom of the page with some ribbon to help disguise the transition line. Of course some more of those beautiful Petaloo flowers coordinated perfectly with the vellum flower from the kit too. I used my Copic marker to deepen the color of the brad.

Don’t be afraid to get a little scrunchy with your vellum flower pieces!  I thought it added some fun charm to the look of them. I inked the pieces after crinkling them up a bit.

Ingredients:
Julie Je'taime 100 (leaves)
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Amaretto
Flowers - Petaloo
Bling - Zva Creative
Ribbon – Michael’s
Rose Leaf, Frond and Butterfly Punches - Martha Stewart/EK Success
Deco Corner Chomper – We R Memory Keepers
Tiny Attacher – Tim Holtz by Ranger
Distress Tool – Tim Holtz by Ranger
Burnt Umber - Copic Marker
Other: Embroidery Floss

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

No comments: