Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just for fun!

Good morning to you and Happy September!!  

I have a sweet little card to share with you today using the adorable create-a-card base from Doodlebug!  Have you seen them?  Our local Archiver's has the entire line of them and the colors are amazing, as are the variety of styles. 

Their blog had the cutest ever little sketch that they call a "Doodle".  I used it as my starting point for inspiration. 
Here's my interpretation of their Doodle:

A closer image for detail:
The stick pins here are Little Yellow Bicycle but they matched so well I had to use them!  I dressed them up a bit further with some mini jewels.  I used my Cricut Expression 2 to cut the scallop layer underneath the cute cut cake.

It seems like I always need a fun birthday card and this one went together so quickly.  It's fit for almost any age, so that also makes me happy!  I can't wait to play with my other colors and shapes that I bought in the create-a-base line!

Thanks so much for stopping on over to spend a moment with me!  Have a super scrappity day!!!

~ Rhonda

6 comments:

Liz said...

I love that sketch Great card.. as always your designs make me want to follow you everywhere!

Anonymous said...

I am now on the hunt for this doodlebug collection that is just adorable..Thanks for the inspiration
Amanda

Auntie Ang said...

The colors are so vibrant and I just love this stuff.. Gosh I didn't even know they were still around.. We have so little scrapbook stores left.
I'm so happy to see this stuff.

DIANA L. said...

You certainly took the design a giant step further to create this awesome card. I will have to look for an archiver's near me

Jodi said...

What a fun card!!!! Looove that scallop layer, it really adds alot of zip to the card!!

Elizabeth said...

Your card is so cute!! I love the colors you chose, it makes me happy!!! Hoping that your weekend is a great one!
e.